Hand Eczema, Causes, Symptom, Treatment of Hand Eczema, Atopic Dermatitis
Hand Eczema is an inflammation or reaction to several factors like sensitive skin, irritants or allergic substance.
Causes of Hand Eczema: what are the causes of Hand Eczema?
Your hand eczema may be caused by:
1. Constitutional factors, that is, an inherited sensitive skin.
2. Irritation from too much wetwork, detergents, solvents, acids, etc.
3. Allergy to a specific substance (eg, cement,perfume etc).
4. A combination of all the above factors.
Precation Tips in Treatment of Hand Eczema?
When doing housework:
- When doing "wet" work like washing clothes and dishes, wear impervious (rubber or PVC) gloves.
- Do not wear the gloves for more than 30 minutes at a time. Do not wet the inside of the gloves.
- Avoid handling fruits, vegetables, shellfish and raw meat with bare hands. Use gloves when preparing these foods.
- Avoid handling dirty diapers with bare hands. Use gloves.
- Never squeeze floor mops with bare hands.
- Change the gloves if they are wet inside.
When working with water, solvents, coolants, oils, greases, etc:
-Try to protect your hands with gloves when it is safe to do so.
- Use rubber or plastic gloves.
- Cotton gloves are not recommended. They soak up the irritants and worsen the problem.
- Do not use strong or medicated soaps or detergent powder to wash your hands. Use a gentle soap instead.
- Do not wash your hands too often.
- Never use solvents to clean your hands.
- Once an allergy is detected, avoid the allergen completely.