Best Tips on Eyebrow Waxing
Eyebrow waxing is a quick and relatively easy alternative to plucking your eyebrows. This method of eyebrow shaping is not suitable for sensitive skin.
Eyebrow Waxing Tips
Some of the useful tips on eyebrow waxing are as follows:
1. Buy a professional waxing kit - basically a jar or tub of wax which can be warmed up in boiling water and applied with a small applicator or spatula, and (usually muslin) removal strips.
2. Also, make sure the esthetician/stylist cleans and powders your skin before she applies the wax and then cleans the skin after the waxing. Another tip is to not get your eyebrows waxed right before or during your period because your skin is more sensitive and prone to flare-ups during this time.
3. Never wax above the eyebrow, only ever shape from below. Waxing from under the brow will widen your eyes and help to get the line even. This will make you look younger and much more glamorous if done correctly!
4. Apply an astringent to anesthetize the sensitive skin under the eyebrow before waxing.
5. Any straggly hairs left over after waxing can be easily plucked out using a set of good tweezers. Apply a soothing balm like tea tree oil onto the area afterwards.