Best Eyebrow Plucking Tip - Eyebrow Plucking - Eyebrow Pluck
The eyebrow experts say never, never to pluck your eyebrows from above, but always to pluck from the bottom of the brow.
Eyebrow Plucking Tips
Some of the useful tips on eyebrow plucking are as follows:
1. Pluck hairs in the direction that they grow. Doing so will keep the hairs smooth and will hurt less. It's also a good idea to tautly hold the skin right above the brow as you begin to tweeze--that will slightly reduce the pain of plucking.
2. Never pluck above the brow: those hairs will grow back thicker and more frequently and that will be messier and a bigger hassle than if you left them alone in the first place.
3. Don't pluck after you've applied lotion to your face. The skin and the brow will be very porous and a slick brow does not make for controlled tweezing. You may end up removing more hairs than you intended because the hairs clump together.
4. Be careful to pull the hair, not the skin when tweezing. While its easy to accidentally grab the skin, doing so may result in redness or bleeding. If redness does occur, rinse your face with cold water and apply a cold eye mask to soothe the flushed skin.
5. After plucking a few hairs, always stop to look at what you have done. You may be over-plucking and you might not even realize it. Stopping to access your plucking progress will help measure your results and prevent over-plucking.
Eyebrow Pluck: More tips on eyebrow plucking
- Habitual plucking may make some hairs stop growing permanently, so pluck with caution.
- There are tweezers on the market that are specially designed for plucking eyebrows. They cost a bit more but make the experience less painful.