Dandruf, Dandruf causes, dandruff Shampoo, treatment, cure of dandruf
What is Dandruf?
Dandruf is an itchy, annoying and persistent skin disorder of the scalp. All of us have dandruf. Dandruf can happen at any age but is most commonly found in people between the ages of 12 and 80.
What causes dandruf ?
Dandruf occurs when the scalp sheds dead epidermal (skin) cells in large clumps. Dandruf scales appear dry, white or grayish, appearing as small, unsightly patches, especially on top of the head.
Dandruf Cure and Treatment
The good news is that dandruf can usually be controlled. Mild cases may need nothing more than daily shampooing with a gentle cleanser. And stubborn flakes often respond to medicated shampoos.
- Zinc pyrithione shampoos like Suave Dandruff Shampoo, Zincon, or Head and Shoulders have been shown to reduce Pityrosporum yeast and help mild dandruff and seborrhea.
- Selenium-sulfide-based shampoos like Selsun or Exsel are usually used 2-3 times a week for 5-10 minutes. Selenium sulfide kills yeast and inhibits cell turnover.
Home remedies for Curing dandruf:
1. Oil your hair with pure warm coconut oil and apply juice of half a lemon onto the scalp.
2. Mix a spoonful of lemon juice with two spoonfuls of vinegar and massage on the scalp. Wash your hair with an egg shampoo after this.
3. 10 to 15 minutes before you wash your hairs, rub plenty of aloe vera gel to the scalp. Leave it for 15 to 20 minutes and then wash it with mild shampoo.
4. A massage with 4 gms of camphor with 1 ltr of coconut oil also helps.
5. Scalp massage during night with 1 tsp of castor oil, mustard and coconut oil helps in dandruff cure
6. Massage your scalp with 1 tsp of sandal wood oil and 3 tbs of lemon juice.
7. Rinse your hairs with neem leaves boiled in water.