Atrophic Vaginitis - Chronic Atrophic Gastritis, Atrophic Rhinitis
What is Atrophic Vaginitis ?
Atrophic Vaginitis is characterised by squamous metaplasia followed by atrophy. In the early stages of the disease meticulous attention to sinusitis and nasal hygiene may be useful. The nose becomes filled with foul smelling crusts. The smell from these crusts may cause the child to be ostracized.
Symptom of Atrophic Vaginitis
Here are the list of Symptom of Atrophic Vaginitis :
- Vaginal itch or a burning sensation
- Soreness, burning or itching in vagina
- genital dryness
- bleeding after sexual intercourse
- thin, watery vaginal discharge
Treatment of Atrophic Vaginitis
- Sexual activity improves blood circulation in the vagina, which helps maintain the tissue.
- You should talk with your doctor about any bleeding you experience.
Visitors Questions and Comments -
Ques: is there a cure for this and what will the doctor do to help
Yes, Atropic Vaginitis is curable and can be treated with Topical estrogen creams or tablets may be used vaginally.
Because the problem is mainly due to a lack of oestrogen, it can be helped by replacing the oestrogen in the tissues.
Alternatively, oral or transdermal estrogen replacement therapy may be initiated. Usually, this is effective in overcoming the problem. Women may want to discuss the risks and benefits of oral estrogen replacement therapy with their physicians.