Asherman's syndrome information
What is Ashermans syndrome ?
Asherman's Syndrome is a gynecological disorder in which affected females experience a gradual decrease in menstrual flow, increased cramping and abdominal pain, eventual cessation of menstrual cycles (amenorrhea), and infertility. In rare cases, other infections or radium insertion into the uterus for the treatment of gynecologic cancers can lead to Asherman's Syndrome.
Symptom of Ashermans syndrome
Here are the list of Symptom of Ashermans syndrome :
- No menstrual flow (amenorrhea) or decreased menstrual flow
- Recurrent miscarriages
Causes of Asherman's syndrome
- surgical scraping
- cleaning of the uterine wall
- sporadic inflammation of the mucous membrane lining the uterus
- endometritis caused by tuberculosis or certain other infectious diseases.
Treatment of Ashermans syndrome
- Antibiotic treatment may be necessary if infection is identified.
- Asherman's syndrome can be cured in most women with surgery.