Acne Information Guide - Acne causes, treatment, cure of Acne, Home Remedies
What is Acne?
Acne is a condition which develops in and around the hair follicles and their oil-producing glands called the sebaceous glands. Acne is the most common skin disorder which predictably occurs first during the teenage. It is estimated that over 70% adolescents are affected by a recognisable form of acne.
What causes Acne ?
A lot os research has been done on acne, but there still is no conclusive medical theory as to what really causes it. The visible acne in the form of blackheads and whiteheads is closely associated with hyper activity of the oil glands and congestion of the skin pores. The exact cause of acne is unknown. One theory is that when hormone levels increase during puberty, the skin of the acne prone person reacts to the hormone to produce excess sebum.
Seborrhea or excessive oiliness on the skin surface is the general precondition to the formation of acne. However, the what, how and why about seborrhea are not well established.
Common Features of Acne
Most people do not have any problem in recognising acne. But sometimes, there are a few other kinds of skin condition that resemble acne closely but are actually quite different. In order to identify and estimate the acne condition in various stages, there are certain features to be examined.
- Excessive oiliness on the skin.
- Whiteheads which sometimes are inflamed spots.
- Large visible skin pores.
- Little bumps under the skin(clusters of them)
Acne Cure and Treatment
Medical Treatment for Acne: Medical treatment for acne is suggested only in cases of chronic or severe acne and should be taken from the dermatologist.
Home Treatment for Acne: Home Treatment of acne is usually done by the use of home remedies. This is an effective method of curing acne.
Home remedies for Curing / Treating Acne:
1. Add about 2 to 3 drops of Tr. of Benzotn to a mug of cold water. Rinse face with this. It is antibacterial.
2. Touch the pimples with spirit of camphor. Keep applying until the pimples dry up. It may "sting" but don't worry. It will check the infection.
3. Apply Milk of Magnesia (easily available in the market) 1 on for 10 minutes. Rinse off.
4. To 2 teaspoons of egg white, add 2 pods of crushed garlic and 1 teaspoon of calamine. Leave on face for 20 minutes, then rinse off.